SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Flight of the Sparrow

Flight of the Sparrow: A Novel of Early America - Amy Belding Brown

Living in a structured house, living in a wetu.

Having enough food, always hungry.

Not showing love to your children, cherishing your children.

Living a strict Puritan existence, living carefree.

Never experiencing the pleasure of nature, hearing every little part of nature.

All those statements show the differences Mary Rowlandson found when comparing her Puritan life to her life in Indian captivity.

Which way would you want to live?​

Mary Rowlandson and many others were captured by Indians and were forced to live within the Indian community.  It was a harsh life for her as well as the entire Indian community.  Despite the hardships, Mary blended in well and was protected by an Englishman.

You will follow Mary as she transforms from a Puritan English woman into an Indian woman. She loved her transformation and found the link to nature and peace that she didn't have as the wife of a strict Puritan minister.

FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW was very well researched and held my interest.   At first I didn't realize FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW was based on an actual person.  Once I found that out, the book became even more intriguing.

I have never read any book about this time period in American history, but want to find out more.  FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW ​is a gripping account of Early America, and history buffs will not be disappointed.​

I recommend this book to anyone who loves a well-researched, historical novel.

I can't divulge any more without telling the story, but take the time to read FLIGHT OF THE SPARROW.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  4/5​

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.​

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com