SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

The Space Between Words

The Space Between Words - Michele Phoenix

Jessica was talked into going to a concert at The Bataclan Concert Hall in Paris with her friend, Vonda, instead of to an art show with Patrick, and it proved to be the wrong choice.

Jessica and her friend were caught in the terrorist attack at the 2015 Concert Hall, but thankfully Jessica and Vonda were only harmed.

After Jessica was released from the hospital, her parents insisted she return home to the United States, but Patrick insisted more heavily that she stay in France and go on their planned trip.

While staying at a bed and breakfast and as she was antique hunting, a sewing box caught Jessica's eye.

As Jessica pried the bottom of the sewing box off, she noticed a piece of red yarn sticking out from under the box's bottom and found pages torn from a Bible that triggered something in Jessica’s mind that she couldn't understand.

The Bible pages turned out to be a marvelous treasure with secrets of their own and also something that brought Jessica to a reality she hadn't been aware of.

I was intrigued when Jessica found the sewing box and the pages of handwritten notes.  I love finding out origins of things and especially diaries or notes from a  real person.

The pages from the Bible spurred the characters to do research and find family members who fled France during the time in history when The Huguenots were forced out because of their religious beliefs.

THE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS moved from present to past telling the story of the Huguenot persecution and their flight out of France.  This is another part of history I had heard about but never studied.

I didn't know what to expect when I first started to read THE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS, but the story line quickly went from an OK read to a WOW read as the characters uncovered more history of the handwritten notes in the Bible pages.

THE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS also addressed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

If you enjoy historical fiction, finding treasures at flea markets, a marvelous story line, and detailed character description, you will not want to miss THE SPACE BETWEEN WORDS.

Ms. Phoenix paired two horrific historical events and created a marvelous book that will stay with long after you turn the last page.

4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the author, the publisher, and NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com