SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

The Widow of Wall Street

The Widow of Wall Street: A Novel - Randy Susan Meyers

Phoebe always was a girl who loved her books, and she found a husband who also loved his books, but a different kind than Phoebe loved.

Phoebe loved her school books, Jake loved his books that showed his money growing.

Phoebe married Jake at a young age, and Jake said he would always take care of her.

Jake's parents had been in some sort of trouble, and Phoebe's mother never liked him. THE WIDOW OF WALL STREET follows Phoebe and Jake from their teenage years, through the years of marriage, and through the crisis ranging from 1960 to 2010.

As Jake's empire grew, Phoebe became dragged in as well, but only by talking up her husband's business and how well it was doing. The years went by, and Jake made money, but he was in over his head most of the time. When Jake's empire tumbles, Phoebe, the loyal, compliant wife, tumbles with him.

Readers who enjoy women's fiction, drama, and a strong female character will enjoy this book.

Ms. Meyers' marvelous writing pulls the reader into the high stakes of Wall Street, the power and lives of the wealthy, and reminds us of the saying: “Money is the root of all evil.“

I enjoyed THE WIDOW OF WALL STREET along with its tense moments and a truly thoughtful ending.

ENJOY if you read this book. 5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com