SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

The Girl in the Castle

The Girl in the Castle: A Novel (Deverill Chronicles) - Santa Montefiore

Kitty was nine.

Kitty was ignored by her mother.

Kitty was friends with a servant.

Kitty had a very harsh governess.

Kitty could see her dead ancestor in the castle tower, and no one believed her.

Poor Kitty Deverill had a lot to deal with at her young age, but she was spunky, delightful, and resilient.

Kitty was a character I really enjoyed, and THE GIRL IN THE CASTLE was a book I really enjoyed..

​THE GIRL IN THE CASTLE is set around 1910 and ​lets us into​ ​the ​lives of aristocrats and the lives of servants in a castle.

​I enjoyed the talk of life in both worlds and the Deverill family.​

THE GIRL IN THE CASTLE also addressed the issue of Ireland and the British during the fight for Irish liberty.  That part of history was interesting, but I liked the family saga better.

The personal side of the lives of the characters intrigued me.  THE GIRL IN THE CASTLE was a fun, informative read with unforgettable characters.

​Ms. Montefiore's writing is exquisite and detailed easily allowing the reader to step into every situation ​with the characters.

ENJOY if you read THE GIRL IN THE CASTLE.  The book became better and better as I turned each page.

You will fall in love with the characters and wish you could join in the family fun at the castle in Ireland and in their homes in London.

The gorgeous cover pulls you in along with the marvelous story line.

I am looking forward to Ms. Montefiore's sequels to THE GIRL IN THE CASTLE.  4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com