SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Letters From Paris

Letters from Paris - Juliet Blackwell

I fell in love with L​ETTERS FROM PARIS the minute Claire walked into the warmth of her childhood home as she returned to take care of her dying grandmother.

Claire had left Louisiana right after college for a high-paying job in Chicago, but returned because her grandmother needed her.  While Claire was ​in Louisiana, she found a treasure in the attic that she remembered from her youth and a treasure that her grandmother suggested had a secret that Claire may find the answer to if she went to Paris.

Claire wasn't sure what she would find but complied with her dying grandmother's wishes and left for Paris.

Claire found more than the secret of the mask when she arrived. What else is there an abundance of in Paris?  Love, of course.​

As for her mission, Claire found a mask creator in Paris who made copies of “L’Inconnue”​ - The Unknown Woman​, obtained a temporary job there, and learned how to sculpt while learning the ​mask's story and about the family ​​​legacy behind ​he mask.

Meanwhile LETTERS FROM PARIS takes us back to the life of the model for the mask and her tragic, difficult life.​  The tragedy and story of "LInconue" was well known in France and was part​ of many French households.

Ms. Blackwell did another marvelous job of taking you to Paris and experiencing the life there.  I enjoyed Claire's adventures and loved the description of the market and the delicious, mouth-watering meals made by the French people.​

Being taken to Paris and its countryside through Ms. Blackwell's descriptions was a marvelous treat.  I would have loved to join in the fun at the gorgeous family estate.  A family anyone would love to be a part of.

LETTERS FROM PARIS left me with a warm, cozy feeling because it was filled with history, family, Paris, love, and was simply a lovely read.

ENJOY!!  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com