SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Since She Went Away

Since She Went Away - David Bell

Jenna lives with worry and heartache since she feels responsible for the disappearance of her friend, Celia.

They were to meet, but Jenna was delayed as usual, and when Jenna did arrive at their arranged meeting place, Celia wasn't there and was no where to be found.  Three months later, she was still missing.

​Secrets and clues kept popping up, but led to dead ends for the most part.  Besides Jenna being completely involved in the first disappearance, her son had a girlfriend who then disappears and might have a connection.​  What the connection may have been or if there really was one added intrigue.

SINCE SHE WENT AWAY is the first book I have read by Mr. Bell.  His writing easily flows and pulls you along.  The characters  could easily be going through some of the problems they are encountering in real life.​​  Social issues were addressed as well as the problem of “who done it” and “where are they.”

SINCE SHE WENT AWAY​ was a tense read with characters that were believable as well as shady and scary.  It was difficult to decide who you could trust and whose story to believe.

The ending had a good twist with hints that led me down the wrong path as I read.

ENJOY if you read SINCE SHE WENT AWAY.  It is a well-written page turner that has you finishing the book before you know it.  5/5

​I received this book free of charge and without compensation from the publisher in return for an honest review.​

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com