SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Liar Liar

Liar Liar: DI Helen Grace 4 (A DI Helen Grace Thriller) - M. J. Arlidge

Four separate, deadly fires all within two days' time​.  Was it one person or was it a team?  The police department was baffled.

Each fire was planned and carefully calculated with deaths occurring in three​ of the four fires and the horrible terror that accompanies the thoughts of how each person died​.

The arsonist was elusive and clever,​ and the police force ​wasn't able to apprehend who did it or find similarities when it came to who and why that specific house was chosen as the target​.  Helen Grace, top police woman, ​was always top-notch at her job, but nothing good was happening with this case.

LIAR, LIAR is the first book I have read by M. J. Arlidge and ​I ​enjoyed the brief chapters, the characters, and the tension that built as the book continued.  ​M. J. Arlidge skillfully worded each sentence and situation and made the fear​ and frustration​ caused by the fires very real​.​
            ​ ​
LIAR, LIAR was ​an anxious, edgy, non-stop read simply because of the frightening subject​.  ​Every time I thought I knew who the arsonist was, I was wrong.​

Reading LIAR, LIAR would be best during the day​light hours.  The ending is outstanding, and quite a surprise.

You will also find out the meaning of the title, which had me puzzled until the end.

ENJOY!!  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com