SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

I Let You Go

I Let You Go - Clare Mackintosh

Two minutes sooner, two minutes later....it would have made a difference.

Two minutes sooner, two minutes later....it would have saved the horrible pain.

Two minutes sooner, two minutes later....it would have saved Jacob's life.

Two minutes sooner, two minutes later....it would have kept​ ​J​acob's mother ​from seeing a car hit her son, kill her son, and see the driver run from the scene leaving her with this unending pain.

We meet Kate and Ray the detectives, Jenna who leaves Bristol after the accident, and a town in Wales where everyone would want to live and where Jenna goes.​

We learn about Jenna's life past and present, and we learn about the lives of the police detectives both personal and professionally. Jenna's past life was not a pleasant one.

I LET YOU GO takes off like a speeding train and doesn't stop with the suspense until the last page.

I LET YOU GO is a thriller ​with many twists and some unpleasant surprises and revelations.  It addresses domestic abuse and its disastrous effects.

Most of the characters were believable and likeable, but one of them was definitely evil.​  I flinched and feared for Jenna as she dealt with this evil character.

I never guessed the twist at the end.

Ms. Mackintosh wrote a brilliantly crafted, chilling debut that you won't want to put down.

Do not miss reading I LET YOU GO​, but be ready for some disturbing situations in this overall excellent thriller. 5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com