SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Britt-Marie Was Here

Britt-Marie Was Here: A Novel - Fredrik Backman

Keeping up appearances but not being appreciated was Britt-Marie's life.​

Britt-Marie always ​worried ​what other​s​ would think if something happened to her when they traveled and her hotel room was not in pristine order.

Britt-Marie was 63 and needed a job.  If anyone would drive you crazy about a job or just about anything, it would be Britt-Marie.  The only job the employment agency had for Britt-Marie was in a town called Borg, and the job was cleaning the recreation center.

Britt-Marie was appalled when Borg didn't have any Faxin for her cleaning routine.  How could they not have Faxin?  How can you get anything clean without it?

Britt-Marie has a germ and dirt aversion which is comically portrayed and makes you laugh out loud at her statements.

​Borg grows to love Britt-Marie, and Britt-Marie loves Borg and its residents.

BRITT-MARIE WAS HERE is a heartwarming, funny, enjoyable read.

I was delighted with this book from the first three-word sentence of the book, and the delight continued until the last page.

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com