SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Glory Over Everything

Glory over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House - Kathleen Grissom

From James Pyke to James Burton.

​From the South to the North.

From a plantation to a home in Philadelphia.

James Pyke fled from the plantation to start a new life after he killed his abusive father.  It wasn't an easy life, but James​ ​managed to find a wealthy family with a silversmith business who took him in, adopted him, and taught him the trade.​

James became very successful with his father's silversmith business and quite prominent in society.

We follow James from his childhood to his adult life. He could never be happy no matter how wonderful his life had become because he always feared the secret he had would be exposed.

GLORY OVER EVERYTHING kept my interest even though it dragged a bit at times. Once the secret James had been keeping is revealed, the book heats up.  The last quarter of the book is very suspenseful, and the book has a satisfying ending.

If you enjoy this time period in history, you will enjoy how Ms. Grissom put together a story line that will captivate you with a wonderful, emotionally packed sequel to THE KITCHEN HOUSE about life during the 1800's.

Enjoy!!  4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher good return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com