SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

I'll See You In Paris

I'll See You in Paris: A Novel - Michelle Gable

What was the intrigue and what was the secret about the book Annie always wanted to read but never did?

Why was her mother so evasive about that book​, The Missing Duchess,​ and who was the Duchess of Marlborough?

Why did she and her mother really go to London?

Would the book and their trip to London reveal secrets in Annie's life?

​We follow Annie in present day and Pru, Win, and The Duchess (Mrs. Spencer) in the not so distant past.

Annie meets a British citizen who knew The Duchess, Pru​, and Win.  Pru is the caregiver for the feisty Duchess. Win is the author who wrote the book about The Duchess who claims she really isn't a Duchess.  Getting the story for his book was difficult for Win because The Duchess kept her life under wraps.

Annie gets the low down about all three characters from a British citizen, Gus, and she also trespasses into the house The Duchess lived in.

I enjoyed Annie's trips into the the house. I always love finding secrets and finding treasures from the past.

I enjoyed the back and forth in time and the "real time" story from Pru, The Duchess, and Win.

The characters in I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS were quirky and fun.  I loved The Duchess...she was a character.

I like this quote that was inside the book:

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  Marcel Proust

I'LL SEE YOU IN PARIS was very light and enjoyable with memorable characters and was well researched.   I love the cover and the revelations at the end.

I do have to say the book was a bit confusing at times, but it is oh so good and so very creative.

ENJOY!!  4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com