SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

The Hundred Gifts

The Hundred Gifts - Jennifer Scott

An empty nest, a cooking class, an ornery neighbor, and fun-loving women who wanted to learn how to cook.

Brenda had an empty nest, nothing to do to pass the time, and a husband that didn't pay attention to her.

When Brenda happened upon Paula who was starting a business that was a cooking class, Brenda thought being a cooking teacher would be something good for her.

Brenda got into more than she bargained for, though.  The class burned food and had to deal with a complaining neighbor who lived above the classroom, but luckily Brenda also met a wonderful group of women.

Virginia, the lady who lived above the classroom, always barged into the class and complained about noise and smells.  The students didn't know what to make of her at first or how to handle her, but they figured they should try a little kindness.  Did that work?

I laughed out loud and thoroughly enjoyed this book.  It was witty, heartwarming, light, addressed family issues, and had a lovely ending.

A perfect book to boost your spirits and to give as a Christmas gift.

ENJOY!!!  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com