SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

The Last Original Wife

The Last Original Wife: A Novel - Dorothea Benton Frank
Ok all you wonderful ladies who stayed home and took care of a husband and your kids....you will love this book.  It is simply delightful, just like the author whom I had the pleasure of meeting.

Leslie Carter was a stay-at-home wife/mother who pinched pennies all her life and was starting to wonder why she did.  She was tired of being unappreciated and taken for granted especially when she accidentally found a bank statement her husband, Wesley, never allowed her to see that had a balance of 22 million dollars.  Yes....22 million....she couldn't believe it.

Leslie decided she needed a vacation from Wesley to cool off.  First from the accident she had in Edinburgh which Wesley was so indifferent about and now all this secret money.  She knew the best place to go was her brother's in Charleston, their childhood city.  Leslie found more than she expected once she arrived.

You will love Leslie for how genuine she is, how believable she is, and how brave she is to finally do something to make herself happy.  And....you definitely will dislike Wesley as well as their two children because of their selfishness and disregard for anyone but themselves.

The book has great descriptions both of the characters and the landscapes of the Lowcountry.  It is a sweet, homey read and will make you think about your family and your relationships in a new light or simply  make you happy or unhappy about where you are in your own life.  It will have you doing some introspection as well as having a good laugh.  The ending is awesome.

I truly enjoyed this book. This is the second book of Ms. Benton Frank's that I have read, and I am very happy with both of them. The content makes me want to read all of her books.

I received this book without compensation and free of charge from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com