SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe

Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe: A Novel with Recipes - Jenny Colgan
A baker, a real estate agent, and then back to a baker.  Issy Randall had come full circle in her life, but could the circle be completed?

Issy lost her job at the real estate agency and was at a loss as to what she could do for a living.  She wanted to do something creative this time around. She decided to open a cupcake shop since she had Grandpa’s recipes and his inherent baking talent to back her up.  Issy started out having a rough time with her new endeavor, but she wasn't giving up just yet.

The characters in the book worked well together, were easily visualized, and will have you rooting for their successes as well as shedding tears for their losses.  Issy was a sweet, loveable character who found good in everyone just like her Grandpa.

MEET ME AT THE CUPCAKE CAFE is absolutely adorable just like the main character, Issy, and focuses on finding happiness, sharing happiness, and developing wonderful friendships.

Once I started reading this charming book, I didn't want to stop because I needed to see what Issy's next move was. The recipes at the end of the chapters added that extra special touch and were connected to what was happening in Issy's life during that particular part of the book.  The cupcake and cake recipes sounded so yummy.

Ms. Colgan’s book is an endearing, delightful read that will raise your spirits and definitely have you making something sugary or running out to buy something sugary at your favorite pastry shop.
The book was as sweet as the icing on Issy's cupcakes, and a book that will leave a cozy, warm feeling with you as you share Issy's successes and heartbreaks.  Don't miss this enjoyable, heartwarming read.  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com