SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Letters From Skye

Letters from Skye - Jessica Brockmole
A poem, a letter, subsequent letters, and then blossoming love.

LETTERS FROM SKYE is a book of letters from a fan to a poet…fan letters that turned into more than just correspondence.  The fan lives in the United States, and the poet lives in the Isle of Skye and is set during WWI and WWII.  The letters spanned decades and makes the reader ponder about whether it is wise or unwise to decide to find someone to love during war time.

These letters told the story of "Sue" and Davey and how their letters and decisions changed an entire family.

Telling the entire story in letters was quite clever as a premise for a book, and it was enjoyable to read, but it didn't grip me to the point that I couldn't wait to get back to the book until the ending pages.

I do have to say, though, that Ms. Brockmole’s detail is amazing.  I could feel the pouring rain as Maisie, "Sue's" daughter, was walking through Skye and trying to find Portree. I could visualize the landscape and the sheep roaming. I remember all of this when I visited The Isle Of Skye, my favorite part of Scotland, and the reason I wanted to read LETTERS FROM SKYE.

LETTERS FROM SKYE is a fun, well written read with a love story and history woven in.

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com