SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

Is This Tomorrow

Is This Tomorrow: A Novel - Caroline Leavitt

At one time happy families, at one time a happy circle of friends, but then a missing child, a heartache for life, and a secret.
This secret, had it been revealed, most likely would have made the lives of Rose, Lewis, Ava, and Dot totally different.
After Jimmy disappeared nothing was the same for any of the main characters.  The disappearance was the focus of their lives and consumed every minute of their day as they tried to move on or moved away.
The book at first appeared as if it were going to be a love story, but what a surprise.  It turned into a mystery with such remarkable storytelling and such an incredible plot that it was difficult to figure out.  You thought you knew who was responsible, and then another incident arose as another character told where they were on that fateful day creating a twist to throw you off.  As you hear these stories, you will want to turn back the clock, and you will want to shake the characters into telling their true feelings to each other for comfort and hope.
The tragedy and the mystery made the book refreshingly different just like the characters.  IS THIS TOMORROW was very well written with wonderful descriptions of the scenes and of the characters. All of the characters were a bit gloomy but most were quite loveable and endearing. Rose was my favorite. She was sweet, unassuming, innocent, yet very thoughtful.  Lewis was brilliant but had issues that kept him from achieving his full potential.  Ava finally found something that would make use of her talents and that made her happy, but she still remained alone. Dot was forever sad about losing her son.
If you want a book that you can't wait to get back to, IS THIS TOMORROW is the ticket.  It was a bit slow at first, but with all the twists and turns and the terrific plot, you will find yourself devouring the pages looking for answers just as the characters did.
I hope you enjoy this book and its interesting plot as much as I did.  5/5
This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.
Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com