SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

A Woman's Choice

A Woman's Choice - Annie   Thomas

From Gloucestershire, England, to New York City.

Making her way with her mother, Jenny, to a new life in America after her father died, Clara realized she was able to take care of her mother and still make choices. The boat ride across the Atlantic wasn't pleasant, but Clara And her mother met folks to share the worries and hopefully folks that they would see again some day.

Clara also found out that New Yorkers were not a pleasant lot. The early days of their arrival were spent in adapting to living in the small apartment with Jenny's sister and her family and her mother working way under the wages she deserved.

You will love Clara and feel sorry for her because of what she had to endure in her living conditions and in the work she found in New York.  Clara was very unhappy and tired of having to work so hard. Clara's mother was a bit difficult to like because of her dependence on Clara and her acting like the child instead of the parent.

A WOMAN'S CHOICE is historical fiction set in the early 1900's and during the time New York was growing.  We get to see what it was like to live and work in New York and see the hardships and poverty that the residents endured to make their way in America.

Clara grew along with New York and used her talent to make her own choices.  Clara's determination was incredible, and her success was the result of her determination.

‚ÄčA WOMAN'S CHOICE flowed nicely, gave the reader a history of New York, and was a lovely read.

I enjoyed A WOMAN'S CHOICE and would recommend this book to historical fiction fans and folks who enjoy women's fiction.  4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the author in return for an honest review.

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com