SilversReviews

Silver's Reviews

What The Lady Wants by Renee Rosen

What the Lady Wants: A Novel of the Gilded Age - Renee Rosen

Glamor, glitter, love, shopping, and ​famous names thrown around...what fun it was reading WHAT THE LADY WANTS.

WHAT THE LADY WANTS is set in Chicago during the 1800's when retail stores and innovations were beginning to surface. Famous industrialists such as Pullman, McCormick, Potter, Swift, Field, and Armour filled the pages.  Hearing these names brought out the historical fiction aficionado in me.

Along with the business side of Chicago​,​ WHAT THE LADY WANTS tells​ the story of the personal life of Delia Spencer, Arthur Caton, and Marshall Field revealing ​Delia and Marshall​'s ongoing, infamous ​love ​affair.  You will want to look up th​eir ​names to find ​more ​information on them and on Marshall Field & Company.

Both Delia and Marshall were captivating characters, and Ms. Rosen perfectly portrayed their life and the lifestyles of the wealthy ​during that time.

​A little bit of romance along with the history of Chicago makes WHAT THE LADY WANTS an intriguing, alluring ​read.

​You will also find out where the book's title came from.  ENJOY!!​  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.​

Source: http://silversolara.blogspot.com